Safe Browsing at a Glance is a tool which gives you a quick indication if it is safe to visit the tested website.
The result is an indicator if it's safe to visit the webpage or not.
This is an indicator due to the fact that nowadays even normally trusted websites could be infected by malware, ransomware or other nasty stuff.
So always be careful. Choose a secure webbrowser and update your system and browser at a regular base.
When you use Windows you might be interested in using Sandboxie.
Note that the technique used for Safe Browsing at a Glance is also used to check if a link added to ZOMDir's link directory is probably safe.
Types of unsafety
There are several types of unsafety. Think of:
- Phising. The webpage may be a forgery or imitation of another website,
designed to trick you into sharing personal or financial information.
Entering any personal information on this page may result in identity theft or other abuse. You can find out more about phishing from the Anti-Phishing Working Group
- Malware. The webpage appears to contain malicious
code that could be downloaded to your computer without your consent.
You can learn more about harmful web content including viruses and other malicious code and how to protect your computer at stopbadware.org
- Trustworthiness. In general it seems that this webpage couldn't be trusted
- Vendor reliability. The reliability of the vendor behind this webpage seems to be low
- Privacy. Your privacy seems not to be guaranteed when visiting this website
- Child safety. This site probably contains age-inappropriate material
If you think the judgement is unfair, you should try to report incorrect data and convince the community that your site is misrated. ZOMDir will not change the status of Safe Browsing at a Glance manually.
Note: To prevent overload of the used servers, the safety status will be cached for one day. So an update of the status will not be reflected directly in Safe Browsing at a Glance.